Thursday, April 16, 2015

I love the smell of dirt in the morning!   It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood, too.  Sun is abundant, temps are warming up,  and I am still enthralled with it all.  Walked the field a bit this morning and "patted the little heads" of all the seedlings popping up everywhere.  A vee of Canada geese flew over as I was standing at the edge of the field, just pondering it all, and their squawking shook me out of my reverie.  There is just something mesmerizing about picturing what is to come in that field and I was lost to it for a few minutes.
Went to the greenhouse after the walking tour and was happily greeted with squash and cucumbers starting to pop their heads up.  Except for the ones that had to be replanted because of a mouse that decided that a snack of squash seeds would be a great idea on Sunday night. Solved that problem by covering the trays with plastic at night.  It has only been 5 days since those seeds were planted.  Little miracles happen every day. They are easy to see if you just look for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment