Favorite Pages to Visit
The World's Healthiest Foods A cornucopia of nutritional information, facts, recipes, uses and more on over 1000 different foods. This is a great resource for health conscious foodies. Good page about understanding why organic food is better for you.
The Splendid Table Recipes and other foodie frolicking from Lynn Rosetta Kasper
Dinihanian Farm Pinterest Pages This is where recipes, suggestions, pictures of gorgeous food abound. Share your Foodie Pinterest pages with us, too!
Simply Canning This is a great website all about food preservation. Highly recommend checking it out. Info on canning, freezing, dehydration, recipes, etc. Lots of pickle recipes, too.
Preserving Food Without Canning or Freezing Link to a great book that is all about food preservation, using methods like salting, oil, vinegars, lactic fermentation, etc. I have this in my home library and it is an excellent and interesting addition to any cookbook collection.
"What can I do with Purple Potatoes?"
Recipes and Suggested Uses
- Apricot Mojito with Lemon Balm, Lemon Balm Infuser Lemonade
- Basil Ice Cream, Basil Milkshakes, Peach Basil Topping and More from Yummly
- 12 Things to Do With Lemon Balm
- Lemon Balm as a Mosquito Repellent
- Carrot Marmalade
- Balsamic Beet & Onion Marmalade This sounds amazing!
- Beet Crust Pizza This is almost to pretty to think about eating.
- 16 Things You Can Turn Into Pesto Some surprises here!
- Spicy Pickled Green Beans
- Martha Stewart Seasonal Produce Ideas and Recipes! Be sure to spend some time looking through the seasons at this page of Martha's website. Each season lists the most prevalent veggies and fruits for the particular season, with recipes for everything from Cucumber Limeade to Tomato-Beet Salad to No-Bake Summer Lasagna, made with fresh tomatoes.
- Grilled Mahi Mahi Tacos with Red Cabbage Slaw, Tomato and Avocado Salsa and Pineapple Hot Sauce This is a Bobby Flay recipe. Of course, this link will take you into the Food Network website and you can check out all kinds of wonderful recipes there.
- Recipes from Rick Bayless Probably one of my absolute favorite chef's. Authentic and nouvelle cuisine from Mexico. Simply amazing food. And generally very easy to prepare these recipes. Check out the link listed on this page for Essential Ingredients. It is like a little mini-dictionary of Mexican food ingredients, their uses, etc.
- Escoffier Online Culinary School Want to learn to cook like a pro. Here you go.
- Julia Child's 100 Favorite Recipes Bon Appetite, mon amis! And while you are there, check out Food Republic's own recipe archive. Impressive collection.