Tuesday, September 23, 2014

What Can I Do With Carrot Tops?



This is possibly the most frequently asked question this season. In a quest for an answer, I have complied a list (below) of links to yummy sounding recipes using the aforementioned greens.  Since carrots are going to be making their come back between now and the end of CSA (in three weeks) I thought this would be a worthwhile endeavor. And FYI, everywhere I looked, as to whether carrot tops are toxic are not, the answer was a resounding "NO!". They remind me of parsley, so I wasn't particularly inclined to eat them before (don't like parsley) but seems that they are pretty good for you so I may give one of these recipes a whirl.  Like any other greens, there will always be some segment of the population who are allergic or sensitive to them.  No different that kale, it seems.

Here you go:


That should get you started! Just click the links above and have a food adventure!

Bunches of beets and carrots from our 2014 season

No comments:

Post a Comment